Startups working on disruptive ideas in biotech, medtech or life sciences face special challenges. The Bio Track at SkyDeck provides practical resources focused on addressing these challenges.
Startups accepted into the Bio Track at SkyDeck receive:
- $200K in equity investment from the Berkeley SkyDeck Fund
- Up to 12 months resident access to Berkeley SkyDeck
- Access to events and resources at the Bakar BioEnginuity Hub, UC Berkeley’s Resource Infrastructure Commons, and other outstanding UC Berkeley campus facilities
- Up to 12 months of sponsored access to bench top space at a local lab (depending on availability and specific needs)
- Regular support from scientists and investors with a proven history in entrepreneurship in the bio sciences
- Regular sessions with advisors and mentors with expertise in the life science space
- Focused introductions to the right investors and partners
… and of course, access to all of the other resources provided by the Berkeley SkyDeck accelerator.