Berkeley SkyDeck helps promising early-stage startups from around the world relocate to Silicon Valley.
Designed for non-US founders whose ultimate goal is to build unicorns backed by top-tier VCs, the Global Acceleration Program at SkyDeck offers direct access to Silicon Valley through the collective resources of the entire UC Berkeley ecosystem.
While talented founders can be found in any country, Silicon Valley remains the best place to build a unicorn startup. No other location in the world offers such a high concentration of investors willing and ready to take risks on promising early stage founders looking to change the world. In addition, enterprises in the U.S. are consistently eager to become early adopters of groundbreaking technology.
- 75% of successful applicants have previously raised (typically between $100k – $1.5 million) in their home countries, before being selected for the SkyDeck Cohort.
- Cohort companies typically rely on technology as their primary competitive advantage; deep tech founders (ranging from biotech to robotics to semiconductors) are very welcome.
- 59% of successful global applicants were generating revenue before applying to SkyDeck.
- Cohort companies look to raise a $2-5 million round from US investors within the next 6-12 months.
- 60%-75% of cohort companies have been able to raise funding after joining SkyDeck.