UC Berkeley AR/VR Pitch Competition at SkyDeck
On April 25, SkyDeck hosted an AR/VR Pitch Competition in partnership with UC Berkeley’s Fung Institute and the Center for Augmented Cognition. The event was generously sponsored by HTC, Perkins Coie, and RAVV.com and welcomed over 100 guests for an evening of demonstrations, networking, and a pitch competition for a grand prize of $10,000 for the winning team.
Competing teams consisted of UC Berkeley affiliates and students who are pushing the boundaries of AR/VR technologies in gaming, education, sales, real estate, and more.
Teams presented pitch decks and showed their demonstrations to industry professionals, leading UC Berkeley directors, and venture capitalists. The panel of judges were:
- Achin Bhowmik: VP & GM, Perceptual Computing Group, Intel Corporation
- Brian Coleman: Partner, Perkins Coie LLP
- Lee Fleming: Director, Coleman Fung Institute
- Praveen Gupta: VP Corporate Investments and Development, HTC
- Han Jin: Founder and CEO, Lucid VR
- Jack McCauley: Co-founder, Oculus
- Chuck Ng: General Partner, PreAngel Partners
- Caroline Winnett: Executive Director, SkyDeck
- Allen Yang: Executive Director, Center for Augmented Cognition
SkyDeck would like to congratulate AR/VR Competition Winner: Pengram. They will receive $10K and will join SkyDeck’s Hot Desk Program in the Fall. These stellar undergraduate students: Will Huang, Bill Zhou, Bedant Saran, Lear Du, and Luna Chen, designed a cross-platform technical assistance solution using AR technology. We would also like to thank the impressive finalists: Bloom Education, Project Aether, TACTO, Virtual Salesperson, and ZipInside VR.
A big thank you to our sponsors: HTC, Perkins Coie, and RAVV.com, as well as to UC Berkeley’s Fung Institute, and the Center for Augmented Cognition. SkyDeck looks forward to hosting more events that support the UC Berkeley community members who are pushing the boundaries of innovation.